ARCHIVE- SHELEADSTECH OLD
Diversity efforts could net the IT industry an extra $400 billion in revenue each year.
When an organization’s executives are at least 30% female, it can lead to 15% gains in profitability.
Women make up almost half of the workforce worldwide but only 31% of IT employees.
Only 22% of IT leadership roles are filled by women.
Only 13% of tech chief executive roles are filled by women.
57% of the U.S. workforce is made up of women, but only 26% of computing-related positions are held by women.
Black, Latina, and Native American women only hold 4% of roles in the computing workforce — almost none of which are senior leadership roles — despite making up 16% of the general population.
Zero black or Latina women are CEOs of Fortune 500 tech companies.
While women of color account for abut 16% of the general U.S. population, they comprise only around 4% of technical roles in tech companies and are almost completely absent at the senior leadership level.
Gender diversity in the workplace is crucial to the technology industry but still lags far behind other industries . Women are historically and currently under-represented in the field, often to the detriment of corporate advances and revenue growth. Without very targeted efforts to include and advance women within the technology space, the future will look the same as now, creating major limitations for the industry. As a program designed to push this movement forward, SheLeadsTech provides resources, networking, mentorships, advocacy, educational events, and other services designed to support and empower women to participate and lead in cyber security careers.
Powered through a vast global network of women IT professionals dedicated to supporting others, SheLeadsTech provides women with mentorship, leadership training, and skills training to grow and excel within that industry.
SheLeadsTech has engaged over 30,000 supporters since its launch in October of 2017. SheLeadsTech seeks to increase the representation of women in technology leadership roles and the tech workforce.
We will work to educate employees, allies, and engaged professionals so that we can overcome unconscious bias.
Preparing to Lead
Our training and skills development programs will prepare current and upcoming female leaders for the digital future.
Building Global alliances
Through strategic partnerships, we will amplify our impact beyond the ISACA network and support our chapters as they tackle the unique challenges in their region.
Become An Ambassador
SheLeadsTech’s Ambassador program seeks to engage women in tech and those who support women in tech. The program is for our male allies, our advocates, our sponsors and mentors. It is for everyone who supports SheLeadsTech.
AMBASSADORS COMMIT TO:
- Support SheLeadsTech’s Mission to Increase the Representation of Women in Technology Leadership Roles and the Tech Workforce.
- Act as a sponsor for women in the workplace.
- Advocate for diverse hiring practices.
- Be aware of my own biases.
- Mentor and be mentored by women.
- Keep others accountable for their words and actions.
- Speak up for diversity.
TO ACCOMPLISH THIS:
- Ambassadors must join the SheLeadsTech Special Interest Group on Engage and participate at least twice each month by starting a new discussion thread or responding to inquiries. Join the monthly challenges in the online community and share your experiences accomplishing them.
- Agree to the commitments above and take action to fulfill them.
- Promote topic-oriented content on all social media platforms.
- This opportunity term is from the time of acceptance until the end of 2020.
- ISACA membership not required.
- Supporter of women in tech regardless of gender, age, professional role.
- This opportunity does not offer CPEs.
- Accepted ambassadors may list their role on social media profiles.
- Receive a ribbon under your profile within the Engage online communities.
- Connect with like-minded individuals around the world and expand your network.
- Support women leaders in the tech industry.
ISACA/One In Tech reserves the right to remove SheLeadsTech Ambassadors who are not abiding by the commitments and has final say in such matters.
Get Involved With Us
Does your group or chapter want to hold a SheLeadsTech event? We have a toolkit for that!
Once you have you event plan together, please email OIT for support and approval at [email protected]
From talking about who your role model was to current events, if it is important to women in tech, we are talking about it! Join our special interest group and become part of the conversation.
Find events going on in your area and register for our monthly webinar series and events.