ISACA’s Commitment to Advancing Gender Diversity and Women in Leadership Roles within the Cyber Professions Workforce
SheLeadsTech is the banner program of One In Tech dedicated to building a gender diverse and inclusive global community of cyber professionals. Initiated in 2017, SheLeadsTech empowers women to enhance their professional skills and advocate for their career advancement. SheLeadsTech also brings global awareness to the lack of gender diversity in all levels, particularly chief and executive positions, within tech fields.
Building on this important work, SheLeadsTech commits to providing comprehensive resources, services, event, and learning to accelerate careers as a core strategy. This new vision for SheLeadsTech will significantly aid the effort to ensure leadership career roles are accessible to everyone.
SheLeadsTech objectives include:
- Advance women leaders through global programs and initiatives that can be designed at the global level and scaled locally through ISACA’s chapters.
- Provide current and prospective under-represented professionals with access to educational, professional skill, and career-building development to enter and advance within the cyber workforce
- Create toolkits and resources that enable ISACA chapters and others to impact their local communities with digital workforce development learning resulting in global impact.
The SheLeadsTech program incorporates awards from the OIT Scholarship Program to support professional development and skill-building opportunities as well.
SheLeadsTech offers a multitude of opportunities for engagement in the program with people from all over the world to achieve our goals of raising awareness, preparing to lead, and building global alliances.
SheLeadsTech’s Ambassador initiative is a volunteer role that seeks to engage women in tech and those who support women in tech. The program is for our advocates, males allies, sponsors and mentors. Ambassadors commit to:
- Support SheLeadsTech’s Mission to Increase the Representation of Women in Technology Leadership Roles and the Tech Workforce.
- Act as a sponsor for women in the workplace
- Advocate for diverse hiring practices
- Be aware of one’s own biases
- Mentor and be mentored by women
- Keep others accountable for their words and actions
- Speak up for diversity in all capacities
EDUCATION AND EVENTS
SheLeadsTech provides events throughout the year hosted by both One In Tech directly and/or by ISACA Chapters within their SheLeadsTech groups. Events are held throughout the world, both online and in-person. These can include:
- Panels and Guest Presentations
- Career Fairs
- Networking Sessions
- Meetings, Webinars, Podcasts
- Presentations within larger conferences (includng ISACA conferences)
- Education via newsletters and blogs
- Engage Platform providing global communication platform for sharing and learning on SLT topics
- Chapter-led event support
A collection of resources to inform and support all those committed to supporting the SheLeadsTech mission. These resources can be utilized for building advocacy, awareness, and engagement. Examples of resources include:
- The SLT Toolkit: collection of documents and information to support Chapters and individuals in their SLT engagements
- Marketing and Communication Toolkits
- Research publications, articles, and mission-related news
- Many other resources dsigned to support your own efforts to build Equity and Diversity in the workforce
- Full SLT On-Line Community on Engage platform